Friday, March 14, 2008

In the old days...

J.T.'s preschool is having their annual fundraiser this Saturday evening and the theme is the 50's. A couple weeks ago, the preschool teachers gave us a list of 50's songs. We were supposed to pick a couple of them that best fit our child. They are making little records with the song title and the child's picture on it, as decorations for the fundraiser.

Anyway, Abigail was asking me why they asked for the songs for the kids (not quite sure why this came up out of the blue, three weeks later, but it happens sometimes with her....). I told her about the project. First she said, "What are records?" and when I started to explain she said, "Oh, I know what those are. They used them in the old days..."

Okay, grandparents, does this make you feel old? :)

1 comment:

karen said...

I can remember talking about the old records and record player with Ms Bickel's class. I'll show Mr. Sanders' class today. I can also remember the first time a Kindergarten student asked me what I had in my hand when I was using a record in class about 15 years ago. Sounds like a great theme for the Fund Raiser. I'll be interested to see what songs you picked for J.T.