Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Monday, September 29, 2008
On their way to feed the calves....
I am not sure if you can tell here or not, but J.T. is dancing...
Michela went home from the hospital on Saturday and is doing well... I haven't been down to see them yet (which has been hard for me) but I will go this weekend. Be prepared for LOTS of photos when I get back...
Friday, September 26, 2008
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Michela Rebecca Barbano arrived at 3:22 am today, September 25. She was 7 lbs, 1 oz and 19 inches long. She and Mary are doing well. More pictures coming soon...
Abigail is very excited to have a girl cousin... J.T. said he can't wait to tease her. And I am SOOO excited to finally be an Auntie!
I think she looks like Jeff, except that she has Mary's mouth...
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Saturday, September 20, 2008
I did a little shopping, but didn't really buy anything. Then I wandered around Old Town Eureka. The weather was pretty nice for Eureka too. I grabbed a bagel sandwich at Los Bagels for lunch before I headed to the Spa...
This morning, I made a last-minute spa appointment at Personal Choice for an eyebrow wax (yes, I know that's not technically relaxing, but it was necessary) and anti-stress massage. I had never had this type of massage before and it was great. She used a skin mask, paraffin wax, and hot towels. It was very relaxing.... I could get spoiled by this.
Every once in a while it's good to have a relaxing day to yourself....
Emily and Abigail...
Abigail and Amanda... can you see J.T. behind them trying to torture them?
It will be fun for Abigail having some friends so close by. I am sure they will be getting together again soon!
Friday, September 19, 2008
They don't know the gender yet, but I think it's a boy. Abigail thinks it's a boy but hopes for a girl. J.T. thinks it's a boy too. However, in our family (on my mom's side anyway) everyone has had a girl as their first baby. I guess we'll have to wait a little while longer to find out....
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
We had been together almost a year at this point. Yes, Andy looks really young. Yes, I know I have very BIG hair!
This was taken at my sorority formal in March 1996. Aren't we cute?
On Memorial weekend of our senior year (May 1997) we went to a nearby lake to camp for the weekend. We were with my roommate, Kristen, her boyfriend, and another friend. We had a great time. If I remember correctly, the weather was strange, but it was fun anyway! I know that Andy and I got majorly sunburned. We had rented a ski boat and had fun with this tube.
This is November 22, 1997, which is the day Andy asked me to marry him. We were down in San Luis Obispo (our college town) for my sorority formal and to visit friends. It was really exciting to be able to share the happy news with our good friends!
This was our first home together. We bought it and closed escrow a few weeks before the wedding, but didn't move in until after we were married.... old-fashioned, I know, but that's the way we wanted it.
That's it for the trip down memory lane today.... you will have to wait until next month for some wedding photos...
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Friday, September 12, 2008
This is a little survey I got from my friend Lilly via email. I thought I would just post my answers here instead of sending out an email...
1. What time did you get up this morning? 6:15 am
2. Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? no idea
4. What is your favorite TV show? What Not to Wear, CSI
5. What do you usually have for Breakfast? yogurt and granola lately
6. What is your middle name? Elizabeth
7. What food do you dislike? liver
8. What is your favorite CD at the moment? Fergie always picks me up
9. What kind of car do you drive? Dodge 2500 diesel 4x4
10. Favorite sandwich? depends on the day
11. Characteristic you despise? dishonesty
12. Favorite item of clothing? jeans
13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? can't pick just one
14. What is your favorite way to pass the time of day? reading or photography
15. Where would you retire to? no idea, probably here
16. What was your most memorable birthday? 30th
17. Furthest place you are sending this? I don't know who will read it, maybe Arkansas or Alabama.
18. Person you expect to send it back first. Probably no one
19. When is your birthday? March 18
20. Morning person or a night person? depends
21. What is your shoe size? 7 1/2
22. Pets? 4 dogs
23. Anything exciting to share? waiting on my niece or nephew to arrive
24. What did you want to be when you were little? don't remember
25. How are you today? good, glad it's Friday!
26. What is your favorite flower? hydrangea
27. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to? Feb 15 for the girlfriends cruise
28. What are you listening to right now? nothing, it's quiet!
29. What was the last thing you ate? oatmeal
30. Do you wish on stars? nope
31. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? who knows
32. How is the weather right now? overcast and 55 degrees
33. Last person you spoke to on the phone? Andy
34. What is your favorite soft drink? root beer
35. Favorite restaurant? Tomo Japanese restaurant
36. Hair color? red
37. What was your favorite toy as a child? barbie dolls
38. Summer or winter? summer (actually like fall the best)
39. Chocolate or Vanilla? Vanilla
41. Do you want your friends to email you back? always
42. When was the last time you cried? couple weeks ago
43. What is under your bed? extra blankets, books
44. What did you do last night? Back to School Night at Abigail's school
45. Are you afraid of death? not my own, others' death- definitely
46. Salty or sweet? sweet
47. How many keys on your key ring? 4 or 5
48. How many years at your current job? mom (8 years); business owner (10 years)
49. Favorite day of the week? depends
50. Do you make friends easily? sometimes
51. How many people will you send this to? anyone who reads my blog
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
This is a card that Abigail received from Auntie Mary and Uncle Jeff. When you open it, it plays "Girls Just Wanna Have fun." She said she's heard the song on the radio before, but it was definitely a song more from my era.
She was very excited to get this sparkly pink art box from Grandma Pam and Grandpa Charlie.
It felt like we celebrated for days. She had a great birthday! I think she's a little disappointed that it's over though.
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
She still looks pretty cute in pink!! Can you believe that she's 8 years old already? She's halfway to being old enough to drive... now that's crazy!
Happy 8th Birthday Abigail Joy!
Monday, September 8, 2008
Abigail has been wanting to do a lemonade stand all summer, but we don't have a good spot near our house. I think it was a good experience for her because she learned about customer service and money. She made over $18. She decided to spend part and save part so that's good.
On Saturday night, the kids stayed with Grandpa Chet and Granny Karen so we could head south to go to a party. The kids had a great time. Thanks Grandpa and Granny!!
We went to a great party at the Egans' place in Redway. They have a beautiful spot (sorry I left my camera at home!) that's nicely shaded. That was a real bonus considering that it was 104 degrees at 5 pm. We met up with Clint and Christina at Dean Creek Resort, which is where the four of us stayed. It was a funky, rustic little place, but it worked out great. We stayed up way too late and had way too much fun!
On Sunday morning, the four of us went to breakfast in Garberville. Then Christina and I came back to Fortuna; Andy and Clint headed south to a Cattlemens field day. Overall, it was a fabulous weekend!
Now, it's Monday again....
Saturday, September 6, 2008
Abigail chose a princess crown box...
This project kept the kids (and the moms and grandmas) busy for a while...
After they were done, Connor and J.T. went to the coloring table...
After they were done with their creations, it was time for gifts. Here Abigail is very happy because she got a pink princess toss pillow from J.T.
And we had to use the number 8 candle in her cupcake...I really like taking a group shot at the kids' parties. From left to right, (top) Caleb, Isaac, Emily, Abigail, Nolan, Hannah, and Connor; (bottom) Evan, Caleb, J.T., Amy, Cole and Amanda.
I think all the kids had a great time. Abigail said it was the best party ever! I liked it a lot too because I didn't have to clean up!
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
And that reminded me of the last time we re-did her room. It was when she went from her crib to a big girl bed in 2003. Check out the hair!!
She wasn't quite sure about being in a big bed at first...
It's hard to believe that was 5 years ago!