Monday, March 17, 2008

Early birthday celebration

Last night we celebrated my birthday a couple days early (it's on Tuesday) since all of our parents were here for Sunday night dinner. We had steak fajitas, rice, and taco salad. Andy's mom made a great chocolate cake with whipped cream filling and chocolate frosting. Abigail thought I needed A LOT of candles so she put on 30 individual candles and a "3" candle... yes, I will be 33.

Of course the kids wanted to help me blow out the candles....


This time it was Andy behind the camera, but here's the rest of the family...

The kids each brought me a gift that they had picked out themselves when they were at the mall with Grandpa Chet and Granny Karen. They each gave me a scented anti-bacterial soap and a chocolate heart.

I got some really nice gifts from our parents too! Thanks Mom, Dad, Pam, Charlie, Chet and Karen! Andy also gave me (part of) his gift last night. It's a gift certificate to my favorite spa. I can't wait to use it!

The kids love to take pictures with Grandma Pam's camera. She's so nice... she lets them use hers. I guess I am the meanie, because I don't even let them use my point and shoot.

It was nice to be able to celebrate with everyone....

1 comment:

karen said...

Yes, it was a fun evening for all of us! Great food & conversation. Hope your 33rd has been a good one and that you still have some celebrating ahead with your gift certificate(s).