Tuesday, March 18, 2008

In Loving Memory of Drake Lewis Crone

I am so sad that I have to post this.

You may remember my posts about my friend Sara's nephew, 4 year old Drake. He was diagnosed with a very rare form of cancer one year and two days ago. Little Drake lost his battle with cancer yesterday morning, March 17.

I wasn't sure what to say or when to make this post, but I got an email from Sara this morning that helped me decide to do it today. Please click on this LINK and read Drake's story. As a parent, (especially as a parent of a 4 year old boy) and a long time friend of the family, it is truly heartbreaking.

There is a place to sign the guest book and also to make a donation to St. Jude Childrens Hospital, in Drake's name. I know most of you don't know Drake, but as a favor to me, could you check out the website? I would appreciate it and so would Drake's family. Thank you so much for all your prayers over the past year. And please continue to pray for Drake's family as they go through this sad time.

4 comments:

Shelley said...

oh no. That is awful. A friend of mine lost her child to cancer very young too, I can't imagine... We will be praying for them all.

Anonymous said...

I read Drake's story and I'm bawling. He sounds like such a wonderful little guy with a brilliant sparkle who will shine on us from heaven.

My thoughts and prayers to his family and friends!

Samantha

karen said...

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to know Drake through your blog. He was a precious little guy that lived his short life to the fullest. I pray for his parents and family during this time of loss and in the years ahead.

Rosjuane said...

That is terrible. I will be praying for his family. He is in a place where he is no longer hurting.