Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Monday, September 28, 2009
Since I was the official party photographer, I thought I would share a few...
Abigail loves her cousin!
Michela's new fun toy from her Uncle Marty...
Everyone waited to see how the birthday girl would like her cake. She wanted nothing to do with it!
We even tried again the next day... she still wasn't interested!
We watched her open a couple gifts before we left.
And took a few more pictures...
Michela was a very tired girl so she went down for a nap right before we left on Sunday. We had lots of fun, but were all glad to be home!
Saturday, September 26, 2009
Friday, September 25, 2009
1. Flip flops... have only been able to wear them for the past five years or so. Not sure why I could all of a sudden tolerate them..... but now I can't live without them.
2. Beer (especially Tangerine Wheat)... not sure when this really happened. I didn't like beer at all a couple years ago. It sure would've saved me a lot of money in college if I would've liked it then!
3. Texting... I used to wonder why everyone did this so much... why not just pick up the phone and call? Now I totally get it! It's so much easier if you just need to say one thing and not really have a conversation.
4. Coffee.... I tolerated it in college but didn't get to really like it until after I graduated. Now I can't imagine a morning without it.
5. Sushi... Can't remember exactly when I started to like sushi. Now it's one of my favorite foods. And yes, I do eat the raw stuff. My favorite sushi place is Tomo in Arcata.... especially the Tempura Yam rolls!
6. Vampire books (i.e. the Twilight series)... I would've never thought I would like vampire books. I had no interest in reading the Twilight series. Christina talked me into it saying they were really good. And she was right! It was a very addictive series and now that I am done with it, I am a little bummed.
7. Re-usable grocery bags... I just got my first couple re-usable grocery bags at Costco. It makes me feel like I am being responsible, even though I forget to bring them into the store half of the time.
8. Soccer... I never knew too much about soccer (I still don't), but now that the kids are playing, I really like it. It's a great sport to watch and the kids sure have fun playing it!
9. Overcast days.... they are PERFECT for photography, even if they aren't ideal for wearing shorts!
Things that I don't like that I used to really like:
1. Margaritas (well actually Tequila in any drink)... let's just say bad experience in college. 'Nuff said!
2. White mochas... this is how I got started with espresso drinks when I worked for the bank right out of college. Now they are just too sweet for my taste.
3. Crab.... got sick after eating crab once.... wasn't even the crab, it was the stomach flu, but it still makes me not want to eat it. I can eat it in things, but I just can't eat it straight or on a salad. Bummer!
4. Artificial sweeteners... I used to consume them in sodas, baked goods, and other foods. Now I know how bad they are and plus I really can't stand the taste of them. It's either real sugar or not at all for me!
Things I have never liked:
1. Liver... My mom made this a few times growing up... no offense to her cooking because it wasn't her fault... I just can't stand the taste!
2. Skinny jeans.... these don't look good on anyone, in my opinion!
3. Really big purses... I always think of a diaper bag when I see someone carrying a really big purse. Not that diaper bags are a bad thing, but when you don't have to carry one anymore, you don't want to look like you are carrying one. Know what I mean?
4. Windy weather.... I just can't stand the wind. I would rather have an overcast day than a sunny, windy day.
Now that you know what I like and don't like, I challenge my blogger friends to answer these questions too!
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
I have gotten some good feedback from the parents so if they are happy with the photos, then I am very happy! Here's a couple of them...
I have had several people ask me if I am going to do this again. I will definitely do it next fall. I would love to find a time to do it again this fall, but things are so crazy. We'll have to wait and see....
Monday, September 21, 2009
35 OREO Cookies
6 Tbsp. butter, melted
1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1/4 cup sugar
3 cups plus 2 Tbsp. cold milk, divided
1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP , thawed, divided
2 pkg. (3.4 oz. each) JELL-O Vanilla Instant Pudding
1/3 cup peanut butter
Process cookies in food processor until fine crumbs form; mix with butter. Press onto bottom of 13x9-inch dish. Refrigerate 10 min. Meanwhile, beat cream cheese, sugar and 2 Tbsp. milk with mixer until well blended. Add 1-1/4 cups Cool Whip; mix well. Spread over crust.
Beat pudding mixes and remaining milk in large bowl with whisk 2 min. Add peanut butter; mix well. Spread over cream cheese layer. Let stand 5 min. or until thickened. Top with remaining Cool Whip.
Refrigerate 4 hours.
We had a fun, relaxing dinner with the Victorines on Saturday night. They did an awesome prime rib roast from Clint's Pacific Pastures. The kids each stayed with one set of grandparents so they had a fun night too!
Sunday was my Mom's birthday..... Happy Birthday Mom! We had dinner and dessert to celebrate. We also celebrated Charlie's birthday and Chet and Karen's anniversary.
It was a great weekend.....
Thursday, September 17, 2009
I tried to go file some papers at the courthouse yesterday (long story) and it was closed for "furlough Wednesday." I was a little annoyed that I drove all the way for nothing, but got over it quickly. Today, I went back to the courthouse and got things done quickly and had a very helpful clerk filing my paperwork. Again, I was pleasantly surprised.
It is very nice when you are expecting a bad experience, but instead, get a good one....
Sunday, September 13, 2009
In the morning, the girls had huge cinnamon rolls for breakfast. We stuck a #9 candle in Abigail's and sang to her...
All in all, it was a great party for Abigail. Everyone got along, even if they didn't get much sleep...
Saturday, September 12, 2009
Thursday, September 10, 2009
This ought to be interesting... anyone want to come along? I will report back after I return the next week.
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
We let her open one gift this morning.... she was VERY excited!!
In case you can't tell from the picture, she got a hot pink Sansa Fuze MP3 player. I am getting it all set up and charged while she is at school so she can use it when she gets home!
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
She could be the 3rd generation to go to Cal Poly....
Fall is here, but Winter is coming...
Monday, September 7, 2009
Thursday, September 3, 2009
1. It's chilly in the mornings, but then turns out sunny and beautiful. In terms of weather, Fall is my favorite season.
2. The leaves are starting to turn. I love all the colors.
3. There are spiders and spiderwebs everywhere! Ick, ick, and ick!
4. I have started thinking about Christmas shopping and gifts... a little crazy, I know!
and one of my favorite things about Fall....
5. Starbucks brought back its Pumpkin Spice Latte!