Monday, August 31, 2009
2. Both kids are really loving their teachers and classes. Yay! They are both going to have a great year.
3. Abigail is very excited about her birthday coming up on September 9. She will be 9 years old on 9/9/09. How many people can say that?!
4. I got a response from the Famous Footwear email I sent in. They asked for my phone number so a district manager can call me. We'll see how it goes.... Thanks to all of you that said you would join my boycott!
5. My friend Sandi and I are going to shoot a wedding together in October. And we may think about doing more, if things go well. I have been thinking a lot about what to charge and what kind of packages to put together.
6. Soccer is a new thing for us. Neither of the kids have played before. We have games every Saturday from 9/12 through 10/31. Both kids really like it. I wasn't quite sure... so far, so good!
7. J.T. lost another tooth today! I told him pretty soon he will only be able to eat soup and applesauce! How many teeth can a kid lose and still be able to eat?
8. I can't believe that tomorrow is September 1! I think the older you get, the faster time flies by... Anyone else feel that way?
9. We have no plans for this weekend. Andy will be working, but at this point, the kids and I don't have much going on. Hope the weather is decent... What are you all doing this weekend?
10. I found out this week that in order to be a parent volunteer at the kids' school, I have to get a TB test. Anyone else have to do this for their school?
Sunday, August 30, 2009
Abigail's game was first....
And then J.T.'s game...
Both kids had a great time! Abigail's team was short a couple players so they didn't get to sub out at all... she was pretty tired at the end. J.T. had a huge smile on his face the entire time. We don't have games next week, but then they each have one for the next eight weeks after that.
Thursday, August 27, 2009
I have a major complaint about your store 9289 in Eureka, California. I purchased four pairs of shoes there on Aug 15, and exchanged two of the pairs on Aug 17. I did not try on the two I got on Aug 17. In fact, I didn't even look in the boxes because I just saw the sample on display and grabbed my size off the shelf. When I got home to try them on, I noticed one of the pairs had very obviously been worn. You could ask why I didn't look in the box at the store... well who would think they needed to do that to see if the shoes were, in fact, unworn?
As you can imagine, I was upset that I brought a 50 dollar pair of shoes home and they were used. I tried to return them on Aug 20 to the same store. The asst. manager, cashier 621345, was very rude to me and said that it's store policy not to take back used shoes. Well of course that makes sense, but I was NOT the one that wore them and put them in that condition. I asked to speak to the manager, Andy. He came over and was equally rude about the whole thing.
I can understand that you don't take back used shoes, but obviously some cashier did. I am very upset that I got stuck with a pair of used shoes and that the managers were so rude. I know that I can’t prove that I didn’t wear the shoes, but that doesn’t make this situation any less frustrating.
Anyway, I don't ever plan to shop at Famous Footwear again unless this situation is fixed. Also I plan to tell all my family and friends about my experience so they aren't taken advantage of. I thought you should know about my experience.
We'll see what happens... I am not expecting much, but it felt good to let them know how upset I was! Anyone want to join me in my boycott of Famous Footwear in Eureka?
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
I am not exactly sure what that means... 4th place maybe. I entered in the Advanced Amateur category this year. The rules said that you could either matte or frame the photos. I wanted to do something different than a regular frame so I had them matted at my professional lab. Sometimes, I like it when you can just see the photo without a frame. I tried something different and I am not sure if the judges didn't like that look. When I took them in, I thought they looked really good. When they were hung up with all the framed ones, they looked a little less impressive. Oh well, I still can't figure out what the judges were looking for... but I will save that for another post.
Yep, it's the belt! This little stinker put it in his backpack and put it on at school, after I told him he couldn't wear the belt to school. He said it was for the first day of school only. I guess I am going to have to start doing backpack checks in the morning...
Monday, August 24, 2009
Sunday, August 23, 2009
Here's a few that I took today...
Friday, August 21, 2009
Remember the good 'ol days of Guess jeans? I had a few pairs in 8th grade and high school, and I thought they were the greatest thing ever! Remember this "gotta have it" red triangle label?
Well they are back! Yeah, I know they've been back for a little while now, but their design is much more modern and not so 80s in style (you know... high waisted, skinny legged with zippers at the bottom).... I actually bought a pair the other day and they are really great. This is not a picture of the ones I have, but I thought I would show how they have changed....
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
J.T. has a lot of toys! I decided I would try to organize them a little today while he was with Grandma Pam. Here's the "before" photo:
I was at Target today and decided to buy this shelf unit to organize some of his tractors. Here are two "after" photos:
Sunday, August 16, 2009
Thursday, August 13, 2009
In black and white...
And in color...
Thanks for looking!!
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Sunday, August 9, 2009
Yesterday the kids and I went on a little photo-taking journey. I was trying to get myself out of the photo slump that I had been in.... not sure if it worked, but here are few that I captured....
I think they are done....
I definitely think it's harder to take photos of your own kids than other people's....
Thursday, August 6, 2009
1. I think photographers with websites need to go through them every so often and put some new photos on. It's good to change things up a little and keep the site updated with new shots.
2. Many times I have seen shots on a photographer's website that make me go "huh?" As in, why would you put that one on there because it really isn't your best work?
3. Photographers should use only their absolute best work for their portfolio website.
4. It is frustrating when you are looking through a portfolio gallery and the photos take forever to load.
5. Some photographers websites make me say, "Wow, I have a long way to go before I am ever that great and can charge that much!"
6. And others make me say, "Wow, I am pretty good and I don't charge enough!"
Enough of my ramblings...