Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Update on Drake- prayers requested

It's been a long time since I have posted an update about my friend Sara's nephew Drake. Here's a link to the first post that i wrote about him being diagnosed with cancer (about 10 months ago at age 3), in case you don't know... Here's more info about his situation.

I was actually thinking about posting an update today, plus a friend asked me how he has been doing. Everyone thought things were going extremely well, even the doctors. He had a clear body scan in November and he just finished up his last round of chemo this month. He was supposed to start radiation pretty soon and then be done.

Sara called today and said that the cancer has come back. I am so sad and I can't imagine how his family is feeling. Things were looking so good for him. They are doing some more testing but the doctors aren't sure what they can do. Apparently this is a very aggressive form of cancer and the doctors were shocked at how well things were going... it did have the possibility of coming back. I just don't think they expected any of this, especially while he was receiving chemo.

Please keep Drake and his family in your prayers. He can use all the help he can get. Miracles do happen. Thank you so much. I will try to update when I hear more.

4 comments:

Julie said...

that breaks my heart. of course i'll keep praying...

karen said...

My prayers for Drake will continue. This is a very sad setback for him and all his family & friends! They have been through so much this last year! I know he has a birthday coming up pretty soon too. We must still believe in God's ability to heal and pray for that even at this discouraging time. Thank you for the update; I will let people on our prayer chain know what's happened.

Rosjuane said...

I will be praying for him and his parents. I can't imagine what they are going through!!

Jaime said...

They are all in my prayers.
HUGS!