Monday, January 21, 2008

We're learning....

This weekend we worked on teaching Abigail how to ride a bike. At seven years old she should probably already know how, but she hasn't been in a very big hurry and we don't have much pavement on our road. On Saturday we all went outside to practice.

Andy is a much better teacher than I am. I was trying to help her and was running along side her. I wasn't holding on because she was doing so well riding. Stopping, well, that's another story. She's a little wiggly with the handle bars too, so she doesn't always go straight. Anyway, she was starting to run off the road and I couldn't stop her quick enough so she landed in some prickly weeds. Well if you know Abigail, she's *slightly* drama-queenish so it was close to the end of the world. Of course she didn't want to get back on the bike.... somehow Andy talked her into it. Here they come back towards our house. Can you see the not-so-happy look on her face? I guess I should leave the teaching to Andy....

J.T. was also outside trying to ride his bike. He is so used to pedaling his tricycle that this is a little more difficult, especially on the gravel.

On Sunday it rained so we haven't had another chance to get back out there. This week, hopefully, we will....

2 comments:

karen said...

Oh, golly...not sticky pancakes but sticky bushes this time...no fun to fall onto. Hope the next lesson brings much success for both of our new bicyle riders! I can see the look on her face...not a happy one at that moment. Looks like Daddy is a patient teacher. Go, Abigail! Go, J.T.!

Shelley said...

my kids learned really early, but that was due to my daddy, I can't take credit!