Monday, January 14, 2008

Home from Colorado

We survived our week at "school" in Colorado. Overall I think it was a positive thing for us and our business. I didn't take too many pictures because we were inside most of the time. Here's a couple from our first day and a couple from our last day.

On the first full day that we were there, we had half a day to relax before the school started. When we had arrived the night before, there wasn't any snow on the ground. When we woke up on Sunday morning, it was completely white outside. Since we don't get the opportunity to play in the snow very often, we took advantage of it....

Here's one of Andy throwing a snowball at me....

And one of me....

The school was done on Saturday at noon and we didn't fly out until Sunday morning. We decided to rent a car for the afternoon and drive around a little. Here's our cute little Jeep Liberty.... Andy thinks he wants to buy one to cruise around in.

I don't consider myself a very good landscape photographer so this one isn't that spectacular. The photo just doesn't do it justice! This is Pikes Peak in Colorado Springs.

We grabbed some lunch, did a little shopping (I got a new purse!), found some things to bring back to the kids, and basically hung out. It was nice to do that after the intense week we'd had.

On Sunday morning we had to get up at 3:30 am to get to the airport for our 6 am flight. We were home by noon. It feels good to be home! The kids enjoyed their time with the grandparents while we were gone. In fact, they didn't really want to come home!

3 comments:

karen said...

Looks like you were able to fit in a little fun along with all the learning you had this last week. I know being away from the kids is hard, but I'm sure the time with Andy and all the learning was great for both of you & your cattle business. Probably you didn't miss the kids so much when you were in Hawaii since that time was filled with preparing for C&C's wedding & spending time with good friends...also I dont' think you were gone as long. You two are great parents...thanks for sharing your precious kids with all the grandparents this past week.

Shelley said...

Andy looks like he is crammed in a go cart, he is not the man for a liberty, haha, I bet you had to roll him up and put him in there didn't you!

I love the landscape pic, it looks like a postcard!

Julie said...

You look so cute in your winter clothes!!! I love the hat and jacket...