Monday, January 28, 2008

Snow day!

Since it snowed yesterday and last night, Abigail's school was cancelled for today. Because of this (and the fact that Andy's mom's school was also cancelled) I decided to keep J.T. home from school too. The kids were all excited about going to Grandma Pam's to play in the snow.... hers wasn't melting as fast as ours was.

Andy and I decided to head out to the hills where a couple of our ranches are located. All of these pictures were taken at a ranch called Dublin Heights. This amount of snow is NOT a regular occurrence... probably only happens every few years. The weather was decent most the time we were there (probably about 36-38 degrees and not raining or snowing).

Our dogs haven't had much experience with snow before. They had a grand time playing in it. This is Patch (on the left) and Molly.

Just a scenic shot....

I really wanted to capture a photo like this of a young calf in the snow. This one wasn't scared off and seemed to even want to pose for me.


Okay now don't laugh, but here I am sitting on the 4wheeler (with Molly) all decked out in my raingear, rubber boots, hat and gloves. Andy said to me, "you look really good in green plastic!" Ha ha...

One more before we left...

Right as we were getting ready to head back to the truck, the dark clouds came in, the sun went away, and it started to snow. I was ready to go home.....

2 comments:

karen said...

What "cool" pictures! I love the one of the dogs & the calf! You got some great shots and the one of you looks like a real snow-bunny. Looks like the two of you had a fun day together.

Julie said...

i'm so jealous!!!
but you look hot on the 4wheeler!!! :-)