Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The past couple days

I have had a lot of people ask the question and here's my answer: no we haven't named the puppy yet. Poor thing! I have a couple favorites but Andy is still "thinking about it." If we don't come up with something soon, she will think her name is "Puppy." Thanks to everyone that posted a comment or emailed me with name suggestions.

Next February, I am going on a "Girlfriends" cruise with a bunch of ladies from Fortuna area. Last year was the first time they went (I didn't go) and they had 40-45 ladies from here that went. I am really excited! I have been running around getting my passport stuff together, visiting the travel agent, etc. We are going to Mexico for five days and I can't wait!

Last night Andy and I went to session #3 of the PIQE class that Abigail's school district is offering. Now you probably want to know what PIQE is... I hadn't ever heard of it before it started. It stands for Parent Institute for Quality Education. It is basically a class on how to help your kids do better in school and start preparing them for college now. I know it seems funny because we have 10 years until Abigail will start having to apply to colleges. The program stresses that you should start thinking about it and talking with your children now. The program is eight weeks long and it meets one evening a week. I think it's been great so far.

Well that's about it for the past few days...... I will check in later in the week.

1 comment:

karen said...

That sounds like a neat class you're attending. It's never too early to start talking about and preparing kids for college. I know that Barby didn't even consider it an option not to attend college. I think it's neat that Abgail and J.T. both have picked out the college they want to go to. It may not end up that way, but at least, it's in their plans. When I bought the little "USF pennants" for them a few weeks ago, my thoughts were about them going to college...some day...somewhere.