Thursday, February 28, 2008

Escaping horse

Tonight we got a call from some neighbors down the road saying that our horse that was supposed to be in the back field had gotten out. Andy had just left to go to the Humboldt State basketball game with his dad. I had to call him to come back so we could go find the horse. Of course it was dark....

We found the horse in the next field back. He had found a pasture with a lot more green grass than we have so do you think he was happy to see us? Um, no....! By the way, the horse's name is Tucker. So what I am wondering is if the neighbors could hear us calling to him and if they really could understand we were saying "C'mere Tucker".... ;)

He had no intention of letting us catch him so Andy had to rope him. It was dark so Tucker didn't see him throw the rope over his neck, but when I heard that "whzzzzz" sound of the loop tightening and Tucker took off, I didn't expect a good result. Andy held on tight, though, and finally got him calmed down.

We got him back to our property and I think he is headed out to one of the hill ranches tomorrow....

2 comments:

karen said...

Sounds like Tucker has gotten himself into a lot of trouble.  Hope Andy is able to make it to the game tonight.  I followed part of the game on the HSU website after I got home from Wicked.  It was a thriller!  Sure glad that they won!!

Rosjuane said...

Wow!! I know it's retarded, but it's just like out of the movies or something.