Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Highlights of 2008

This has been a very eventful year. There are so many things that have happened, both good and bad, that will have an effect on me for a long time. As to not dwell on the bad things, I wanted to write a little about the positive things.

Here are some of my personal highlights of 2008:

In January, we attended the Ranching for Profit School in Colorado Springs, Colorado has led us to Executive Link, which has had a HUGE impact on our business. We started our Executive Link program in February, and met again in July and November in Boise, ID. I can't thank our Executive Link board enough. They are the ones that pushed me into researching the photography business and putting together a business plan.

In July, we took a very fun family vacation to Maui, Hawaii. We went with our friends Clint, Christina, Isaac and Evan. It was completely different than taking a couples only trip, but the kids had such a good time. We are all talking about going again in 2009.

In September, I became an Auntie. I am so glad that Michela is part of our family. Although I do wish she didn't live so far away... Being an Auntie is such an amazing thing!

In December, several great things happened. First, I found out that I won first place in the California Cattlemen's Association Photo Contest in the category of "Rural Life." I love the photo that won, and it was such an amazing honor to be chosen for that. It really made me feel good about my photography skills.

Another wonderful thing that happened was the wedding of Berwyn and Ken. First and foremost, I am so thrilled that they found each other and that their families joined together to form one big happy family. In addition, I felt so honored to be a part of their wonderful day as their photographer. It was my first wedding, but I was thrilled with how the photos turned out. I hope they love them too!

I am also very happy with my decision to officially start my photography business. I look forward to 2009 and starting this venture.

Andy and I agree that this was our best Christmas yet. We were all healthy and we had a wonderful, stress-free season.

I feel extremely blessed to have had such a wonderful 2008. I know that everything happens for a reason even if we don't always understand the reason. I thank God everyday for the life he has given me and all the blessings that I have. Hope you all have a very Happy New Year and a fabulous 2009!!

1 comment:

Rosjuane said...

Happy New Year. I know your buisness will do wonderful this year!!