Friday, August 8, 2008

Reflecting

I have been in a off, somewhat-down mood this week. I have spent quite a bit of time reflecting about lots of different things in my life. This will probably seem a bit random because it's hard to get my thoughts out...

It seems like a lot of people we know have passed away in the last 12 months. Does that just happen as you get older? Earlier this week my dad lost one of his close friends. It just brings back so many memories and the pain from losing our friend and partner, Matt Galt, almost a year ago. I know losing people is a part of life, but I am so afraid of it happening. I know I need to prepare myself for grief many more times in my life, but I just dread it.

Why do we care what other people think of us? We all try to say we don't care, but can honestly tell you that I do care what people think of me. Does that make me crazy?

When I think about the different friends I have, sometimes I have these weird thoughts like, do my friends really, truly know me? Do they even like me? Can I really be honest with any of them? How much do we really have in common? Strange questions, I know, but I think about them.

Okay enough random thoughts for now....

No comments: