Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I am done!

I can't believe it.... I thought this day would never come! I finally paid off my school loan. I had about $14,000 in loans when I graduated from Cal Poly in 1997 and the balance is finally at zero!

I think it is so important for kids to make some contribution to their college education, either through jobs, scholarships, or loans. I just think you appreciate it more when you have to help pay for it. I knew plenty of kids in college that had every dime covered by their parents. Of course when I was in college, I wish I had it that easy. I guess what I am trying to say is that I appreciate that my parents "insisted" that I contribute to the cost of my education. I think it made me a better person. And that's how it will be for our kids....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So funny. I just got my student loan balance and I owe $255. I'm so excited.

karen said...

That's a great feeling. I remember when my daughter paid off hers. Nice to have it behind you.

Linda said...

OMG! I have one going to college next fall and I'm STILL paying on my student loans! Congratulations!!