Saturday, September 15, 2007

Soothing things

I am feeling down today. Trying to figure out how to cheer myself up..... I was thinking of things that are (almost) always guaranteed to make me feel better. Here are some of them (in no particular order)...
  • a hug from someone I love
  • a phone call from/to a friend
  • dinner out with Andy
  • falling asleep on the couch in the evening
  • a single, nonfat latte with some kind of yummy flavoring (don't really have a favorite)
  • an aromatherapy pedicure from Personal Choice
  • looking at pictures (me growing up, my kids as babies, our wedding, our travels, etc)
  • an online chat with a friend
  • scrapbooking
  • taking a nap

That's all I can think of for now. I am sure there are more things. One last thing that helps me feel better is this verse:

"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything; tell God your needs and don't forget to thank him for his answers. If you do this you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ Jesus." -Philippians 4: 6, 7. (Living Bible version).

No comments: