Thursday, September 13, 2007

Cookies can be comforting

This morning I decided to make some cookies to have in the freezer. I actually can't ever remember a time since Andy and I have been married that we haven't had homemade cookies in the freezer.... but, for the past week or two we haven't. Also, I thought baking would be comforting to me. Usually it does make me feel better. As I was mixing up the cookie dough and putting it on the cookie sheet, something made me think of Matt Galt.

One time Matt was here in the office talking to Andy about some business stuff. Matt had just been to look at some nasty little fixer house and he was feeling queasy! As much as he loved those dirty, smelly, disgusting fixer houses, even he got queasy once in awhile! He asked if he could have some crackers or something. Instead, I offered him some of my fresh-from-the-oven cookies. He had a few, and it made him feel much better, he said.

It is really strange how little things like cookies make you think of someone....

No comments: