Monday, September 3, 2007

BAM!

Just wanted to share a quick recipe for one of my favorite sandwiches. Andy and I just had them for lunch and they were so yummy! I got the recipe out of a Rachael Ray magazine. It is similar to a BLT, but much better, in my opinion.

Fry bacon to desired crispness (I cut the bacon strips in half) and toast your bread in the toaster. Spread bread with mayo and dijon mustard. Add strips of bacon to cover one slice of bread. Now here comes the interesting part..... take an apple and slice it thinly (I think the original recipe called for Granny Smith apples, but I just use whatever I have). Cover bacon with apple slices and second piece of bread. I cut my sandwich in half because it makes it much easier to eat. So you have your bacon ("B"), your apple ("A"), and your mustard ("M"). Bam!! We don't have these very often, but when we do they are so good! Try it and let me know what you think....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that sounds so good! i can't wait to try it!!

Shelley said...

oh, we don't eat things that aren't fried here in Arkansas, sorry.



:)

Jaime said...

Tooo funny....Okay I am sorry but that sounds like a strange sandwich. LOL Here in Michigan we would never have thought to put something like that together. HAHA Maybe I will get up the nerve to try it.