Sunday, September 9, 2007

In memory

Sorry I haven't been blogging much lately, but it's been a rough last few days. I have tried to sit down and write this post several times.

On Friday morning, we lost one of our closest friends and business partner, Matt Galt. He passed away unexpectedly, early on Friday morning and we already miss him so much. I hope it's okay with his family that I am posting this.... I am hoping it will help me get through this painful time. Please keep the Galt family in your prayers.

There is so much that I want to say but I just can't seem to get it out in words. Matt was such a great guy, in so many ways. We became business partners with him and Berwyn about six years ago. It's really amazing that we have only known them that long..... it seems so much longer. But our relationship is so much more than business. I think all four of us were hesitant to get too close on a personal level because sometimes it's hard to be in business with your friends. You don't want anything to ruin your personal friendship or your business relationship. I think we beat the odds, though.

Matt has been such an amazing mentor to Andy. There is no way that we would be in the place that we are in without him. Andy has become a better person and businessman because of Matt. I think anyone that knew him before he met Matt can testify to that. It's going to be so difficult for us to continue to work in the real estate field without Matt. Part of me wants to quit, sell all the rentals, and just move on..... But I know that if we gave up, Matt would be very upset. I know that Andy and I have learned so much from him.... it's really hard to have the confidence (or desire) to do it without him.

I know that this is a very disorganized post, but I have a lot of thoughts running through my head. I just can't seem to get all my thoughts in a logical place. I guess that's normal. For now we will just take it one day at a time. I know it won't be easy.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

I am just now reading this. I am really sorry to hear of your friend passing away.

You know I am here if you want to chat.