Monday, August 31, 2009

Random things from the past week

1. I had to send my back-up camera (Canon 30D) into Canon for repair. It gave me an error message, which of course does not give me any real information. I tried switching lenses, batteries, and memory cards. It still wouldn't work. Now I am patiently waiting for Canon to send me a repair estimate so I can see if it's worth fixing. I really need to have a back-up camera for the two weddings I am doing in October.

2. Both kids are really loving their teachers and classes. Yay! They are both going to have a great year.

3. Abigail is very excited about her birthday coming up on September 9. She will be 9 years old on 9/9/09. How many people can say that?!

4. I got a response from the Famous Footwear email I sent in. They asked for my phone number so a district manager can call me. We'll see how it goes.... Thanks to all of you that said you would join my boycott!

5. My friend Sandi and I are going to shoot a wedding together in October. And we may think about doing more, if things go well. I have been thinking a lot about what to charge and what kind of packages to put together.

6. Soccer is a new thing for us. Neither of the kids have played before. We have games every Saturday from 9/12 through 10/31. Both kids really like it. I wasn't quite sure... so far, so good!

7. J.T. lost another tooth today! I told him pretty soon he will only be able to eat soup and applesauce! How many teeth can a kid lose and still be able to eat?

8. I can't believe that tomorrow is September 1! I think the older you get, the faster time flies by... Anyone else feel that way?

9. We have no plans for this weekend. Andy will be working, but at this point, the kids and I don't have much going on. Hope the weather is decent... What are you all doing this weekend?

10. I found out this week that in order to be a parent volunteer at the kids' school, I have to get a TB test. Anyone else have to do this for their school?

1 comment:

Sandi said...

I'm so excited! We are gonna have a blast at that wedding and if we play our cards right, we might drum up some great business!