Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Turtle Bay excursion

Before we left Redding last week, we stopped for a couple hours at Turtle Bay Exploration Park. There is a lot to see there... more than we were able to see this time. First we went to a show called "Walk on the Wild Side." We were able to see several wild animals during the show including a fox, box turtle, barn owl, porcupine (see below), and a few different kids of birds.

IMG_8869LR

They had a fish feeding "show" at 11:30 that the kids liked.

IMG_8885LR

One of my favorite things was the Lego exhibit called "The Art of the Brick." The created made some very amazing things all out of Legos.


IMG_8887LR

We had to check out and walk across the Sundial Bridge.

IMG_8895LR

And we asked a nice lady to take our photo on the other side...


IMG_8899LR

The butterfly exhibit wasn't as big as I had expected, but it was a fun subject for me to photograph.


IMG_8905LR

IMG_8910LR

Last stop before we made our exit was the bird feeding. It was interesting but I never really realized this, but I am just not comfortable in a building full of birds.


IMG_8924LR

The kids really liked this...

IMG_8922LR

IMG_8926LR

After we left Turtle Bay, we went to Chuck E. Cheese for lunch.... I think everyone knows you don't go there for the pizza, but the kids had fun anyway!

1 comment:

Sandi said...

My kids loved the bird exhibit but it totally freaked me out. I kept thinking about the bird flu and dodging this one little red parrot who thought my camera was his girlfriend!