Thursday, August 27, 2009

Do NOT shop at Famous Footwear!

Some of you already know about my experience at Famous Footwear recently.... Here is the email that I sent to their customer service department...

I have a major complaint about your store 9289 in Eureka, California. I purchased four pairs of shoes there on Aug 15, and exchanged two of the pairs on Aug 17. I did not try on the two I got on Aug 17. In fact, I didn't even look in the boxes because I just saw the sample on display and grabbed my size off the shelf. When I got home to try them on, I noticed one of the pairs had very obviously been worn. You could ask why I didn't look in the box at the store... well who would think they needed to do that to see if the shoes were, in fact, unworn?

As you can imagine, I was upset that I brought a 50 dollar pair of shoes home and they were used. I tried to return them on Aug 20 to the same store. The asst. manager, cashier 621345, was very rude to me and said that it's store policy not to take back used shoes. Well of course that makes sense, but I was NOT the one that wore them and put them in that condition. I asked to speak to the manager, Andy. He came over and was equally rude about the whole thing.

I can understand that you don't take back used shoes, but obviously some cashier did. I am very upset that I got stuck with a pair of used shoes and that the managers were so rude. I know that I can’t prove that I didn’t wear the shoes, but that doesn’t make this situation any less frustrating.

Anyway, I don't ever plan to shop at Famous Footwear again unless this situation is fixed. Also I plan to tell all my family and friends about my experience so they aren't taken advantage of. I thought you should know about my experience.


We'll see what happens... I am not expecting much, but it felt good to let them know how upset I was! Anyone want to join me in my boycott of Famous Footwear in Eureka?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds good to me. I have never been impressed with their selection or prices. ~Jamie

karen said...

Yipes, thanks for the warning. I've only bought shoes there once for a program for needy kids in GP at Christmas last year. They were super helpful and friendly there. Guess the Eureka store needs an attitude adjustment.

Julie said...

I will totally boycott them with you. I've never liked their stores much-they always seem dirty