Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Fair results

I finally got to the Humboldt County Fair on Sunday to check everything out. I already knew that I didn't win anything with my photos, but I did get an "Honorable Mention" on this photo...


IMG_7023PS.10x13


I am not exactly sure what that means... 4th place maybe. I entered in the Advanced Amateur category this year. The rules said that you could either matte or frame the photos. I wanted to do something different than a regular frame so I had them matted at my professional lab. Sometimes, I like it when you can just see the photo without a frame. I tried something different and I am not sure if the judges didn't like that look. When I took them in, I thought they looked really good. When they were hung up with all the framed ones, they looked a little less impressive. Oh well, I still can't figure out what the judges were looking for... but I will save that for another post.

No comments: