Thursday, August 6, 2009

Photography slump

I feel like I am in a photography slump lately.... I just can't seem to find the motivation to get my camera out. I thought I might jolt my inner creativity by looking through a lot of other photographer's websites. It didn't really work, but I do have a few observations...

1. I think photographers with websites need to go through them every so often and put some new photos on. It's good to change things up a little and keep the site updated with new shots.

2. Many times I have seen shots on a photographer's website that make me go "huh?" As in, why would you put that one on there because it really isn't your best work?

3. Photographers should use only their absolute best work for their portfolio website.

4. It is frustrating when you are looking through a portfolio gallery and the photos take forever to load.

5. Some photographers websites make me say, "Wow, I have a long way to go before I am ever that great and can charge that much!"

6. And others make me say, "Wow, I am pretty good and I don't charge enough!"

Enough of my ramblings...

2 comments:

Sandi said...

Bring your camera on Sunday and we can exchange photos. I'm in the same slump :-(.

Sandi said...

Hey lady, I was going to tell you Mattea and I went to the Sequoia Park duck pond yesterday and it was absolutely beautiful. It really helped to pull me out of a slump.