Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Requesting prayers

I got the following email from my cousin Karl and his wife Stephanie...

Many of you know that Karl and I have a godson and nephew Nathan Schmidt. He is 2 years and 3 months old. He has been fed through a tube since he was 6 months old. The doctors believe that a virus attacked his stomach and therefore had to be put on this feeding tube. He is hooked up to this tube 18 hours a day, which as you can imagine is hard. He has been in and out of the hospital all his life and has had 2 surgeries. This condition may last for his entire life or he may recover and his little stomach may work again, the doctors cannot offer them any certainty. Nathan’s parents have taken him off his feeding tube to see if he is able to thrive on his own. I know miracles happen and prayers are answered. We would be grateful to you if you can keep him in your thoughts and prayers. Please pass this on…

Please keep Nathan and his family in your prayers. Thanks so much!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I will remember little Nathan in my prayers. He's so young to be suffering. I'm praying for his parents too as they walk through this with him. Karen

Shelley said...

so sad :(

we will pray for him and his family.