Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Me...in pictures

I have spent some time since we got back from Hawaii being disappointed with the photos that I got. I went over there expecting to get lots of great snapshots enjoying our vacation. More importantly, I really wanted to take some family portraits of us… and of course I wanted them to be perfect. I have been wanting to take some updated family portraits anyway, and I thought Maui would be the perfect location. For several reasons, it never worked out for us to do this. I kept trying to tell myself that it wasn’t that big of a deal and that we could just take some at home in our yard. I was starting to get over it. Then I saw my friend Shelley’s gorgeous family photos from her beach vacation. It made me start thinking about it all over again.

Today I had an interesting thought…. I didn’t get the family portraits that I wanted, but I got something else that I didn’t realize meant so much to me. I got photos that I am actually in. There is proof that I was on this vacation. Usually I feel strange asking other people to take our photo, even if it’s just with the little point and shoot camera. It was so great having Christina there because we could trade off taking each other’s photos. Andy even took a lot more candid ones of me so that was great. I am always the person behind the camera so it’s nice to be on the other side once in a while.





I guess we will have to force ourselves to go back next year to try for family portraits again.

2 comments:

Julie said...

I miss seeing you, so it's nice to get to see you on your blog in pictures!!! And those ones are really good pictures!

karen said...

Oh too bad, I guess you'll have to "suffer" and go back next year for more family pictures. I know it will be a "sacrifice" for you, but you can handle it. : ) I do like the pictures you put in this blog.  I'd frame the one of you and Andy; it's sweet and romantic.