Sunday, July 22, 2007

It's RODEO time in Fortuna!

Rodeo Week in Fortuna is a really big deal. There are events every evening during the week, a parade on Saturday, a BBQ and dance on Saturday night, and rodeo performances on Saturday and Sunday. I took the kids to the parade yesterday and it was HOT! It wasn't just hot, it was so humid! I think it was in the mid 80's which is practically a heat wave for here.

At the parade the kids and I sat with Joy, Caleb, Cole, my mom, Andy's mom, and Andy's grandma Jane. The kids had a great time watching everyone go by, but they especially loved the floats that threw out candy. We came home with a gallon size ziploc bag full of stuff! Here's a shot of the kids (somewhat) patiently waiting for the parade to start...


None of the kids liked the fire truck or police car sirens. Here's J.T.'s solution...


There were quite a few people we knew that participated in the parade. This is our friend Tony and his dad, Tony, with their team of horses. Normally they have a cover on the wagon, but maybe they decided it was just too hot for that!

This is Andy's uncle Joe and his grandson Blue. J.T. sure was excited to see a John Deere coming down the road!

Last night we went to the BBQ and dance at the park/rodeo grounds. The kids came with us to the BBQ and then went home with my parents. Thanks Mom and Dad! It was pretty cute when they left... off they went, through the park, pulling their suitcases and carrying their Doodle Bears. I wish I would've had my camera...

Andy and I had a good time at the dance. I think we are getting old though... the dance was too hot, the music was too loud, and we left before it was over! We made it home safely, though. Thanks Christina for the ride home!

Today we are taking the kids to the rodeo. We haven't been in so long. I am pretty sure it was when I was pregnant with Abigail (in 2000) that we went last. Wow, that's hard to believe!

No comments: