Sunday, June 24, 2007

We're back in town!

We spent the weekend in Chico for a family reunion with my mom's family. Most of the weekend was hosted by my cousin Alison and her husband Chad. They have a huge backyard with lots and lots of things to do for the kids.... sand box, bounce house, kiddie pool, lawn toys, swing set, etc. It was awesome!

Here is a picture of my mom and her siblings (left to right, in age order)... Tom, Barb, Becky (my mom), and Gary.
We all had so much fun catching up, visiting, and celebrating many things. The weather was great.... it got a little hot in the early evening, but overall it was very pleasant. Abigail and JT had a great time playing with their cousins. Here is a couple pictures I took of the kids....



Most of us arrived by dinner time on Friday. We had a great BBQed burger dinner. The guys got up early on Saturday morning to golf. The ladies and kids went to the park, relaxed in the backyard, jumped in their bounce house, played in the kiddie pool, drank a few wine spritzers, and got lunch ready.

After the guys arrived back to the house, we watched a slideshow with pictures from the 1960s until now. We all loved making fun of different hairstyles, clothing, sunglasses, facial hair, etc.

We had a great "surf and turf" dinner (tri-tip, salmon, and halibut) with a great corn side dish (thanks Uncle Gary!) and a chinese chicken salad. Fabulous dinner! After dinner, we attempted a family photo before some of the little guys went to bed.
We also took a girl cousin picture...

I hope everyone enjoyed the weekend as much as I did. We hope to do it every year!

2 comments:

Sharer said...

You have nice collection of photos.

Anonymous said...

Sarah I love to read your blog!I only check my e-mail once a week or so, and I look forward to checking your site