Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Update on Drake

I have had lots of people asking me how Drake is doing so I thought I would post an update. Sara (his aunt, my best friend) said that they have done quite a few tests and here is what they have found out...

The cancer has NOT spread into his liver, kidneys or bone marrow. They are doing a bone test today, and a full body scan today or tomorrow. So far the tumor seems to be contained in his abdomen, near his adrenal glands. They will most likely begin chemotherapy on Wednesday night or Thursday morning. They can't remove the tumor until they shrink it. The doctors expect that he will have to go back to UCSF for chemo every couple of weeks. Drake and his daddy, Greg, are headed to the barber tomorrow to get both of their heads shaved....

Thank you for the continued prayers for Drake and his family. I will post another update when I know more.

No comments: