Monday, March 12, 2007

First branding day...

The new boss...
Yesterday was our first branding day. Not only was it our first one this spring, it was the first time when Andy was "in charge." This is our first branding since we took over the ranching operation last November. Everything went really well. We had a great crew and beautiful weather! And my dad was more relaxed at a branding then I have seen him in awhile (I think he likes not being the boss anymore). I guess retirement must be going well...
I took almost 200 photos so I haven't gotten through all of them yet. Even though the weather was beautiful (I bet it was 70 degrees!), the bright sun and shadows from the trees made for difficult photo taking. And the shadows caused by the guys' cowboy hats didn't help either!
Both kids were excited to get on a horse at the end of the day. J.T. isn't afraid of anything and didn't want Papa to put him down. Abigail, on the other hand, is much more cautious. J.T. rode Tiger with Papa, and Abigail rode Salty by herself.

Overall it was a great first branding day. One down, two to go...

1 comment:

Shelley said...

These pictures are absolutely gorgeous. Time for a storyboard!

I love the look on Abigail's face, that uncertaintity is priceless!