Tuesday, March 20, 2007

More birthday surprises...

I thought the bouquet of flowers yesterday was my birthday gift (see previous post). Last night Andy came home and said, "Get dressed (not that I wasn't already) and we are going to dinner!" He wouldn't tell me where we were going, but he had arranged for his dad to come over and babysit the kids. We got ready to go and headed north. He still wouldn't tell me where we were going. He tried to convince me that we were going to Mazzottis which is an italian restaurant in Eureka that we had boycotted almost a year ago (another story for another day...). He even parked in their parking lot and started to walk towards the restaurant. I knew he was kidding, though.

We got back in the truck and headed towards Arcata. It turns out Andy had made reservations at Tomo, my favorite sushi restaurant! We had a nice, quiet dinner. Then he wanted to take me out for dessert so we went and had creme brulee at Abruzzi. It was so good!! It was raining when we got out of Abruzzi so we had to run to the truck.... well not exactly run since I had high-heeled boots on... but walk quickly. We were getting ready to leave Arcata and he told me to pull over. From under the seat, he pulled out a gift certificate to The Spa at Personal Choice. It was for a Aromatherapy Pedicure (which is my favorite kind of pedicure) at the nicest day spa in our area! He did good, didn't he??!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy belated Birthday. Sounds like you had a great one.
Kim

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday. Sounds like you had a wonderful one.
Kim

Shelley said...

I can't believe I am just reading this. I had no idea it was your birthday!!!