Monday, June 15, 2009

Newborn photography

Newborn photography has never been my specialty. I have done three newborn sessions. Let me tell you, they are not as easy as you would think. I was reading looking at some photos of newborns on a photography message board that I visit often. I definitely feel like I need more practice in that area to create the types of image that I would like. Hopefully next year I will have another newborn to practice on. No, people, I am not having a baby, but I know someone that might.

This is my favorite newborn shot that I have taken... for several reasons. Of course I love it because it's of my niece, Michela, but that isn't the only reason. A lot of newborn photography looks the same. One reason that I like this one is because the blanket (which was Michela's mommy's when she was young) gives the photo some texture (especially in the black and white version).


I am not looking to expand into the newborn market that much, but I would love to practice if anyone wants to share their newborn for an hour or two.....

3 comments:

Julie said...

I TOTALLY want to fly you out when we finally and hopefully have a baby so you could do the pictures. Hopefully by next summer!!!

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should have one of your own...then you could practice all the time. JT wants a brother too...

Sarah Albin said...

I am pretty sure Andy wrote the above comment....