Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Only in Humboldt

I saw this posted on Joyce Benton's Facebook and I just had to share. Here's how Joyce got this shot...

She said, "There were actually two trucks in the parking lot - the officers were inside eating lunch. I was at the stop sign headed toward Ferndale when I noticed and had to turn around in the Creamery parking to get back. The officers were just leaving and I did get permission to take the pic, but they weren't waiting around or posing for me - the other truck was gone before I could get my camera out. Truly, only in Humboldt would you see this unmanned pickup fully loaded while the driver is in eating his lunch!"

Thanks Joyce for letting me share your photo!! Here's a great lesson in why everyone should always have a camera with them... you never know what you will see.

For those of you that can't tell what's in the back of the Sheriff's truck, it is marijuana plants. They must have had another big bust somewhere.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw this on Joyce's Facebook and burst out laughing. She also gave me permission to use the photo.

I googled you and cracked up again because we used a similar title.

I had never seen your blog before and have added you to my Humboldt blogroll.

I enjoyed your other posts and look forward to reading more.

Anonymous said...

STOP!! Seriously???

I was looking at the photo for the longest time thinking to myself "what's so special about this photo? Looks like a pick-up with tree trimmings to me." One must note, I've never seen this stuff in real life. Anyway--when I read your message below the photo I finally got it!

You can laugh at me--it's okay!

Samantha

Julie said...

They left it in their truck while they were eating?!?!