Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Trying to get back in the routine

It was back to school this week after Spring Break and it seems like it's been tough to get back in the routine. There's been lots of things going on too.

On Monday, both kids went to school and Abigail had Art Club after school. We had a quiet dinner here for Andy's birthday.

On Tuesday, J.T. went with Andy while Abigail was at school. That afternoon Abigail started Excel which is an after school program that she is VERY excited about. She had been on the waiting list for a couple months and they finally had some spots open up. She will be doing that Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday afternoons until school gets out in June. In addition, the Running Club started back up and that will be Tuesday and Thursday afternoons. Yikes! It's gotten really busy all of a sudden!

While Andy had J.T. on Tuesday, I decided to schedule myself a massage. I had a gift certificate to Allure Day Spa (thanks Mom and Dad!) that I had gotten for my birthday and it was burning a hole in my pocket. I was surprised that I was able to get a massage appointment the day I called. Lucky me!

On Tuesday night, we went out to Las Cazuelas for Christina's birthday. They kids were so happy that they got to come along too! We strategically put Abigail, J.T. and Isaac down at the end of the table. They had a great time being silly and coloring on their paper placemats. We all had fun and dinner was great, of course!

Today was another busy day. I decided to have J.T. start staying at preschool all day on Wednesdays so I could have one full day to get some things done. J.T. was not happy about this... at all! Especially the part about having to take a nap at school! You would've thought the world ended when I told him! He did just fine and was happy to see me when I picked him up today.

Because the kids were both at school all day, I was able to go to Eureka with Andy to do a couple things and have lunch with my Dad. I don't get to spend much time with my Dad anymore, so it was good to have the time to do this... and actually be able to have a conversation without interruption from the kids. We are hoping to do this more often.

Wow, this little recap wasn't supposed to be this long.... thanks for sticking with me!

1 comment:

karen said...

Glad Abigail got in Excel and Running Club. Sounds like it will be a wonderful experience for her and a great way to use all her extra energy. Hope J.T. gets used to going to school full day on Wednesdays. My Dad and I used to go to lunch all the time at a Japanese restaurant in San Jose. Later in the afternoon, we'd go to one of the hot tub and swimming pool areas at The Villages where they lived. Those were fun times & very special memoires.