Saturday, April 26, 2008

It's been a rough few days....

We've had a rough few days in our family and community. On Thursday evening, a long-time friend of my dad's, Roger Rodoni, was killed in a car accident. It wasn't a couple hours later and we found out my Uncle Clint (a.k.a. Uncle Buck) passed away due to a heart attack. What a shock it was for all of us.

I have been wanting to do a blog post but didn't really know how to put my feelings into words... I still don't really. The kids do know about my uncle (my dad's brother). J.T. has been full of questions about heaven and how you get there. He's also been asking a lot about who's going to drive Uncle Buck's big blue truck (he was a truck driver). From everything I have heard and read, we should let him ask the questions and we should try to answer them. I have been doing that but I find myself saying "I don't know the answer to that" more often that being able to answer the question. I guess this is probably normal. Abigail hasn't really said or asked much. She did tell her teacher on Friday that her great uncle died the night before.

My uncle's memorial service will be on Tuesday morning so please keep us all in your prayers as we say good-bye...

4 comments:

karen said...

We havee been praying for all of you and will continue to do so. This is such a sad time for you and the family. I know how J.T. can come straight out with his questions of curiosity. Praying for God's comfort, peace, and love to surround you during this very sad time.

Anonymous said...

Sarah (and family), I am so sorry for your loss. I know that you will be able to come up with the right words for your kids, I guess that it just takes time.
Take care, and I will keep you in my thoughts! ~Tami~

Julie said...

I'm praying for you and your family. I wish I wasn't so far away and could be there for you...

Anonymous said...

Sarah,
I'm so sad to hear about your uncle and family friend. I will hold you and your family in my thoughts and prayers and hope that beautiful memories will bring you strength and peace.
Many hugs for you all.
Samantha