Friday, September 25, 2009

Things

Things I love that I didn't use to even like:

1. Flip flops... have only been able to wear them for the past five years or so. Not sure why I could all of a sudden tolerate them..... but now I can't live without them.

2. Beer (especially Tangerine Wheat)... not sure when this really happened. I didn't like beer at all a couple years ago. It sure would've saved me a lot of money in college if I would've liked it then!

3. Texting... I used to wonder why everyone did this so much... why not just pick up the phone and call? Now I totally get it! It's so much easier if you just need to say one thing and not really have a conversation.

4. Coffee.... I tolerated it in college but didn't get to really like it until after I graduated. Now I can't imagine a morning without it.

5. Sushi... Can't remember exactly when I started to like sushi. Now it's one of my favorite foods. And yes, I do eat the raw stuff. My favorite sushi place is Tomo in Arcata.... especially the Tempura Yam rolls!

6. Vampire books (i.e. the Twilight series)... I would've never thought I would like vampire books. I had no interest in reading the Twilight series. Christina talked me into it saying they were really good. And she was right! It was a very addictive series and now that I am done with it, I am a little bummed.

7. Re-usable grocery bags... I just got my first couple re-usable grocery bags at Costco. It makes me feel like I am being responsible, even though I forget to bring them into the store half of the time.

8. Soccer... I never knew too much about soccer (I still don't), but now that the kids are playing, I really like it. It's a great sport to watch and the kids sure have fun playing it!

9. Overcast days.... they are PERFECT for photography, even if they aren't ideal for wearing shorts!


Things that I don't like that I used to really like:

1. Margaritas (well actually Tequila in any drink)... let's just say bad experience in college. 'Nuff said!

2. White mochas... this is how I got started with espresso drinks when I worked for the bank right out of college. Now they are just too sweet for my taste.

3. Crab.... got sick after eating crab once.... wasn't even the crab, it was the stomach flu, but it still makes me not want to eat it. I can eat it in things, but I just can't eat it straight or on a salad. Bummer!

4. Artificial sweeteners... I used to consume them in sodas, baked goods, and other foods. Now I know how bad they are and plus I really can't stand the taste of them. It's either real sugar or not at all for me!


Things I have never liked:


1. Liver... My mom made this a few times growing up... no offense to her cooking because it wasn't her fault... I just can't stand the taste!


2. Skinny jeans.... these don't look good on anyone, in my opinion!


3. Really big purses... I always think of a diaper bag when I see someone carrying a really big purse. Not that diaper bags are a bad thing, but when you don't have to carry one anymore, you don't want to look like you are carrying one. Know what I mean?


4. Windy weather.... I just can't stand the wind. I would rather have an overcast day than a sunny, windy day.

Now that you know what I like and don't like, I challenge my blogger friends to answer these questions too!

1 comment:

karen said...

That must have been a fun list to compile and it was fun to read too!
It is rather amazing how much we change through the years and most of the time, it's really hard to tell when the changes took place or why.