Friday, January 23, 2009

Michela's baptism

I can't believe it's taken me almost a week to get this on here.... Last weekend we went to the bay area for Michela's baptism. I am lucky enough to be her godmother!

I didn't take many photos but I have a few. Here she is before Mass. Isn't she so cute?

Do you want to know the story about her baptismal gown? It was made my Grandma Dolly almost 34 years ago out of leftover fabric (white velvet) from my Mom's wedding gown. It was originally made for my baptism, but Mary (my sister), Abigail and now Michela have also worn it.

The baptism was perfect.... Michela didn't even cry!

We took a few group shots afterwards. Here is Andy (Jeff's brother) the godfather, Jeff, Michela, Mary and I.

Add in the grandparents....

Abigail and J.T. wanted one too....

We had a great party afterwards at Jeff's parents' house. The food was fantastic and the weather was so nice!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Thanks so much for posting the photos! Everyone looks really great.

I am lucky enough to be Godmother to one of John's nieces, and I love it.

The story about the gown she wore is amazing! What a unique family heirloom.

karen said...

Yea! I've been checking pretty much daily for this blog to appear! : ) Great shots & such a neat idea that your Grandma Dolly had for using the leftover material from your Mom's wedding dress. I'm sure it will be used in other generations of your family! I know Abigail loves things with a story/history.