Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Am I nuts?

I am thinking about officially launching my photography business. I have been thinking about this for a year or more. Am I totally crazy? I love taking photos, especially of kids. I get so much satisfaction out of capturing a photo, especially if I think the parents will just love it. However, I have a lot of fear of failure. I have a lot to think about. I have been working on putting together a business plan for this potential business. Then if, and when, I decide to move forward with this, I will have my business organized how I want it.

I have had quite a few requests lately for kids or family photos. That makes me really excited but also nervous. I guess it's a good sign that people like my work. Lots of things to think about....

Yesterday I had the privilege of taking photos of Cody, McKenzie, and Elle. They are soooo photogenic and adorable! Cody wasn't having quite as good of a time as his sisters, though. I think they like being in front of the camera!




I will keep you posted on what I decide about the business thing. I would love to hear comments from you all... especially if you there is a specific issue that I need to think about regarding this.

7 comments:

blah said...

Just do It!! Take it slow. It will take a while but good thing for you you won't be quiting a job to do it.

Anonymous said...

I think that you should totally start a business. You do such a great job. Maybe you should just start out slow and see how it goes.

Shelley said...

you already know I think you should do it!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I agree with the others. You should go forward with it. It's nice to have someone you know and trust to do family photos.

Just a Small Town Girl said...

I know you can do it! You're already a smart business person, so I have faith in you! You've got the skills and do some really great work, so go for it!

Anonymous said...

oh sarah, I think you should! you take great photos not only of the kids but great action shots & western photos!!
Meaghan Langer

Shelley said...

oh I second that last remark, I love your western-ish pics, too.