Monday, October 8, 2007

And the cycle begins again...

If you've read my last couple of blog posts, you know that it's been a very busy time on the ranch for us. I thought we would have a few days in between shipping out last year's calves and the beginning of this years' calving season.... not so! (No, Andy, I am not complaining....)

After I picked J.T. up from preschool, we went to visit Andy at the ranch and see some of the new calves. They are all less than a week old. I always forget how tiny they really are when they are born. Here's a picture of J.T. standing next to one that's two days old.


When we went to see the calves, I didn't have any idea that we would actually see a cow give birth. Believe it or not, I have only seen two calves born in my entire life. Here's a couple pictures of the minutes-old calf. The cow is doing her duty of licking him clean (aren't we glad humans don't have to do that!)...



It took the calf a few minutes to figure out how to stand up...

Just thought I would share....

No comments: