Wednesday, August 24, 2011

"Anything you want"

I don't do book reviews very often, but I just read a book that I would highly recommend. It doesn't take very long to read... it's less than 100 pages.

"Anything you want" by Derek Sivers really made me think. It's mostly about having your own business, but it also applies to life in general. Sivers explains his philosophies from the 10 years he operated a small business.

Some of the themes that really impacted my thinking are (as quoted from the book):

-"Business is not about money. It's about making dreams come true for others and for yourself."

-"Success comes from persistently improving and inventing, not from persistently promoting what's not working."

-"The real point of doing anything is to be happy, so do only what makes you happy."

I related the above themes to my photography business. Once I get my thoughts a little more organized, I plan to write blog post or two on how these themes are helping me focus my business.

No comments: