Thursday, March 3, 2011

WPPI post #2

One of the things the WPPI speakers kept asking, is "Why are you a photographer?" I have given this a lot of thought in the week that we've been home. I figured that this question, or rather the answers to it, would make a good mission statement for my business. I have been listing, in random order, some of these things.... once I get it all in some semblance of order, I will post it here.

In the meantime, I wanted to share some of the phrases I heard at WPPI that impacted me:

*Think BIG, or stay home!

*It's your image at stake! (in more ways than one...)

*Customers want choices

*Everyone is looking for something unique

*Exceed client expectations!

*Just ask!

*Put value on yourself

*Love your products (or get different/new ones!)

*It's not just about the portrait on the wall, it's about the interaction, emotions, relationships and memories

*Put your phone number on your home page

*Stop comparing yourself to others! Just be YOU!

I am sure there are more. These things really made me think.... Feel free to share (in the comments) any phrases that have made you think lately....

No comments: