Friday, March 19, 2010

35

Yesterday was my birthday. Last year I wrote about 34 things that happened on my birthday. I am not sure if I can think of 35 things that happened this year, but I will try.

1.The kids insisted on wrapping my gifts first thing in the morning, rather than getting dressed and ready for school (aka we were running late).

2. After I took the kids to school, I met my mom for coffee at Starbucks.

3. My mom treated for coffee and breakfast! Thanks Mom!

4. My dad called and wished me a happy birthday while we were at Starbucks.

5. I received lots of nice Facebook messages wishing me a Happy Birthday.

6. I went to Eureka to do some shopping and have some quiet time to myself.

7. I bought a cool photography lighting book at Borders that I can't wait to read.

8. I had a $10 off certificate at Victorias Secret so I bought some yummy smelling bath stuff.

9. I bought my niece some adorable boots for her birthday... not till September.

10. One of the highlights of my day was lunch with my long-time friend, Sara. (Thanks for the gift too!)

11. We went to Hurricane Kate's in Old Town Eureka for lunch and it was Sara's treat!

12. I had a orange drop martini which was pretty tasty (and strong!)

13. They gave me a free dessert since it was my birthday. I picked the creme brulee.

14. I received several phone calls wishing me happy one. Thanks to Mary, Alison, Pam, Aunt Karen, and Kristen.

15. I left Eureka a little late and knew I wouldn't make it back to school to pick up J.T. He rode the bus and I picked him up at Crystal's.

16. I took a nap!

17. Andy brought me a beautiful bouquet of flowers designed by Jamie Hindley.

18. My mom, Sandi, and her kids came over to watch me open gifts about 5:00.

19. I really wasn't very excited about opening gifts because Andy and Sandi had been teasing me that I was getting a stripper pole.

20. I got a stripper pole.

21. The pole is really a piece of stainless pipe that Andy borrowed to play this joke on me.... and it's going back where it came from!

22. To compliment the stripper pole, I got some other interesting items to wear.

23. Everyone thought this was quite funny.... except for me.

24. I also got a cute pink winter jacket that I had seen when Andy and I were shopping for boots.

25. Andy tried to convince me that those were all my presents.

26. In order to try to make me happy, Andy and Sandi decided they would let me open my "real" gifts.

27. Andy scored some bonus points by getting me a new camera (Canon 5D Mark II) and a new flash (Canon 580EX II). Sandi got me two different diffusers that fit my new flash.

28. The four of us, Sandi and her kids went to the Scotia Inn Pub to try it out since none of us had been there.

29. It's a good thing it wasn't full because the kids were a little loud and fidgety.

30. The kids played "Happy Birthday" on the jukebox for me.

31. The food was really good.

32. We didn't have dessert but that was just fine with me, because I was stuffed!

33. I got the battery charging for my new camera when we got home so I could try it out.

34. I wasn't crazy about turning 35, but now that I am here, it's fine.

35. The celebration will continue on Sunday with my parents and Andy's parents.

Well I made it..... it was not easy!

1 comment:

Amy Parker said...

That is so funny about your birthday gift. Rememeber that we are the KISS Board and I think he was really hoping to take that very serious (haha you could be in mine and JP's position). Hope you had a great day, it sounds like it. See ya and late HAPPY BIRTHDAY!