Monday, March 30, 2009

Saturday's branding

Our biggest branding of the year was on Saturday. The weather was beautiful and we had a great crew! I took lunch out and stayed for the afternoon.

Everything went really well until the end. My Dad got bucked off his horse and hurt his back and hip. Since my mom was visiting Mary, I drove him home and took care of him. I will definitely admit that being a nurse doesn't come naturally to me... unfortunately for my Dad, he was stuck with me. I think he will be pretty sore for a week or two... maybe longer.

Here are a few action shots...


Abigail took a turn holding the branding iron...

We had to do our 2nd annual group shot, which the guys love to complain about, but seem to like once they see the picture....

I am not sure what is going on here, but Andy is actually smiling...


The kids had a great time playing in the mud. Good thing J.T. wore his mud boots and not his cowboy boots...



One more big branding and one small one to go....

2 comments:

Just a Small Town Girl said...

Great pics Sarah, sorry to hear about your dad. I think the group photo is a great idea....you know how men are, they love to complain about anything!

karen said...

It was a wonderful day except for your Dad's injury. we pray that he heals up fast! Your blog pictures and the ones from Costco are really good!