Friday, March 6, 2009

100

Taking the idea from my friend Shelley, here are 100 random facts about me....

1. I am the oldest child, of the oldest child, of the oldest child, in my family.

2. I wear my diamond stud earrings (that Andy bought for me) 24/7. The only time I ever take them out is to clean them.

3. Most people think I am a stay-at-home mom but in reality I run 4 businesses from our home office.

4. I would get some kind of spa treatment (pedicure, massage, facial, etc) every week if money and time allowed.

5. Clutter makes me feel stressed out.

6. For the first 30 years of my life, I couldn't wear flip-flops because they hurt my feet.

7. Now I love flip-flops and live in them in the summertime!

8. Someday I want to compile all my blog posts into a book. Or maybe one book for each year.

9. Fall is my favorite season.

10. I love to watch Nascar races.

11. Dale Earnhardt Jr is my favorite driver.

12. Every vehicle I have ever driven has been white, except for my first car.

13. I help in Abigail's class on Friday mornings.

14. I sleep with my hair in a pony tail every night.

15. The work I do as the Treasurer/Board Member for the Ferndale Children's Center is very satisfying for me.

16. I wear Victoria's Secret Heavenly perfume and have for at least 5 years.

17. I love inspirational sayings like "Obstacles are opportunities in disguise."

18. I grew up on a cattle ranch but had no interest in pursuing it as a business...

19. It wasn't until after college that I realized that I wanted to continue the family cattle business with Andy.

20. Raisin bran was my favorite cereal when I was a kid.... I still love it.

21. I am near-sighted in one eye and far-sighted in the other. The doctor said I will never need bifocals.

22. I weigh less now than when I graduated from high school.

23. I was the Editor of our high school newspaper, the Husky Howler.

24. When I have babies, it happens very quickly... 5 hours for Abigail and 2.5 hours for J.T.

25. Mac Studio Fix is my favorite make-up of all time.

26. Scrapbooking used to be my favorite hobby but I haven't done it in a long time.

27. I have always wanted to live in a remodeled farmhouse with a big wraparound porch.

28. I prefer to write with a blue, rather than black, pen.

29. I think it's important to thank God everyday for being a part of my life and guiding me through whatever the day brings.

30. When I was in elementary school, I had an accident on a go-cart.

31. Because of #30, I don't like to go fast on a bicycle, 4 wheeler, etc.

32. I love watching "The Bachelor".... even this season.

33. I have never watched "American Idol."

34. My favorite show to watch in re-runs is now "House."

35. I used to think my eyes were hazel but now they seem more green.

36. I have been to nine states (California, Oregon, Nevada, Idaho, Colorado, Arizona, Texas, Maryland, and Hawaii).

37. I want to make it to the remaining 41 by the end of my lifetime.

38. I have never bought a lottery ticket.... no big surprise that I have never won!

39. We didn't find out the gender of either of our kids.

40. I "knew" Abigail was a girl... good thing because we didn't have a boy's name picked out.

41. I didn't appreciate the value of texting until about 6 months ago.

42. I pay off all of our credit cards every month.

43. Typos drive me crazy, especially on blogs. Spell check works....

44. I try very hard to spell people's name correctly.... mine gets misspelled quite a bit so I am little sensitive to that.

45. I love Target and could spend hours browsing there!

46. When it comes to shopping for myself, I love to shop at places like Girlie Girls in Ferndale, Alirose in Old Town Eureka, and other cute little boutique-type stores.

47. My favorite restaurants are Tomo in Arcata, Hurricate Kate's in Eureka, and Melting Pot (lots of locations).

48. Andy promised to take me to Melting Pot in Boise and I will hold him to it.

49. The Body Shop's body butter is the best! I love Olive, Brazil Nut, Coconut, and Cocoa Butter.

50. The only time I get to shop at the Body Shop (other than online) is in the San Francisco Airport when we are flying somewhere.

51. I can't believe I am only halfway done.... this is tougher than I thought.

52. I won't give up!

53. I have a subscription to "US Magazine" and love getting my weekly dose of trash.

54. I like to try new recipes but over half the time, find out they aren't all that great.

55. I visit Shelley, Rosjuane, and Julie's blogs daily... and get slightly disappointed when there isn't a new post.

56. I am not great about commenting on other people's blogs.

57. I LOVE when other people comment on mine.

58. I wish all my friends (especially the out-of-town ones) had blogs so I could keep up on their lives.

59. Sometimes I wonder if people really care about the things I write on my blog.

60. I don't consider myself a morning person but sometimes I like to get up early and enjoy the peace and quiet.... but no one better talk to me!

61. The two things that I require to wake up is a shower and a cup of coffee.

62. I would give up TV before I would give up the internet.

63. I had braces on and off from 3rd grade through my junior year in high school.

64. I had three sets of braces... the third one was free because they screwed up.

65. I still remember exactly where I was when my mom told me I had to get the third set.

66. If I didn't have email, there are some people (or Facebook for that matter) that I would never communicate with.

67. Abigail and I are so much alike that we tend to butt heads a lot.

68. Some days I want to get a tattoo, and other days I can't imagine having something permanently on my body.

69. I got my belly button pierced when I was 29 1/2.

70. I can't stand the sound or feel of a nail file.

71. I never get manicures (see #70).

72. My feet are so ticklish that I get the giggles when I get a pedicure.

72. Someday I want to go visit the southern states and see a few people (Shelley and Rosjuane in Arkansas, Rick and Amanda in Alabama, Nichole and Ralph in Florida).

73. When I need fashion advice, I go to my sister.

74. I love sushi. My absolute favorite is the Tempura Yam roll from Tomo in Arcata!

75. I have never been on a motorcycle.

76. I love designer jeans. They just fit me better.

77. Maybe I just have to tell myself that #76 is true so I can justify the cost to myself.

78. I like ice cream, but would be okay if I never had it again in my life.

79. When I learned to drive it was on a stick-shift. I have never had a car that was an automatic.

80. I never wear bracelets.

81. I wear a watch everyday and feel funny without one.

82. I didn't get my ears pierced until I was in 8th grade.

83. In high school I loved country music. Now I never listen to it.

84. I am not too big on concerts. I have been to a few (Tim McGraw being my favorite) but it doesn't seem like that big of a deal.

85. It drives me absolutely crazy to be late.

86. I really appreciate how hard Andy works to support our family... and I know that I don't tell him often enough.

87. I am very thankful that I don't have to work outside the home.

88. I want to write something on my blog everyday but many days I just can't think of anything to write about.

89. I love the cozy feeling of a roaring fire in the evening.

90. I feel very lucky that my kids have close relationships with all of their grandparents.

91. I majored in Agricultural Business in college but I never took one ag class in high school.

92. I have an enormous amount of respect for teachers but could never be one.

93. I am a very spiritual person even though I don't go to church that often.

94. My favorite candies are red licorice, sour gummy stuff, Milk Duds, and See's Dark Chocolate covered caramels.

95. I don't like black licorice.

96. I love designing stuff in Photoshop... flyers, collages, etc.

97. I hate going to the dentist.

98. I absolutely hate the nickname "Red."

99. I miss my college friends and wish I could see them.

100. This is way more difficult that I thought it would be.

I challenge all my blogging friends to try this... it's tough but fun.

7 comments:

Amber said...

Awesome entry! I really can't believe you weigh less now then you did in high school. That is awesome! Thanks for letting us learn a bit more about you! Have a great weekend!

Just a Small Town Girl said...

Okay, so it was enough to do 25 Random things on Facebook, but 100?!! WOW!
So here's where I totally agree with you:
#2 I wear my diamond studs every day too! My hubby bought mine around the same time!
#42 I cannot imagine having a credit card balance!
#43 Typos have become a big thing for me. I recently completed a writing class, so I am constantly looking for things...
#44 Your first name, or your maiden name? I get it with them ALL! Tami Pollard Engman...it very rarely comes out correctly
#50 I wish I traveled more just so I could stop at The Body Shop. I just might have a tub of Mango body butter hiding somewhere!
#54 I almost always buy the magazines at the store that contain all recipies...and then try 1 or 2
#59 We like your blog! I think maybe we don't comment because we don't know what to say.
#72 Ticklish feet...OMG...that's the reason why I've only had 3 pedicures in my life!
#83 Country music is so rare for me now.
#95 Black licorice is disgusting!

karen said...

Loved it! I'm sure that took a lot of time and thought, Sarah. I'll have to remember so of your favorites when I'm picking out a gift for you.

Rosjuane said...

Okay so if you come to see me and Shelley that would help you out with 1 of the 41 states. And way to put the pressure on to blog more!!

Anonymous said...

Ok. #22 is disgusting. I also hate being called red.

Julie said...

Oh my gosh, that was awesome. I did not know you never took an ag class in high school. I am also wondering if I have typos on my blog, and I will be better about updating! Also, I seriously care about what you write on your blog! I love reading it...

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm really amazed! I'm still working on my 25 for Facebook! So, I'm impressed with #15: we are so lucky to have you involved in the Children's Center! I don't think I would have survived without you!! And is #85 a direct reference to me? I'm ALWAYS late and I hate it too! I try to blame it on paternal genetics, but I think I just have to own it and work on it...