Wednesday, March 18, 2009

34 great things about the day I turned 34

Today I turned 34 years old... and it's been a great day! Here are some of the things that happened...

1. The kids got out of bed right away this morning and gave me a hug to wish me a Happy Birthday.
2. The staff at the Ferndale Children's Center gave me a nice birthday card and a Starbucks gift card.
3. Mary and Michela called me after I dropped off J.T. to wish me a happy day.
4. Mary emailed me a picture of Michela with only a diaper on... she is so cute!
5. Andy and I went on a 3 mile walk together....
6. And the sun was shining when we walked!
7. My mom took me to lunch at a new restaurant in Eureka, Oberon Grill.
8. Then we went and got a pedicure at the Spa at Personal Choice.
9. It was an hour-long aromatherapy pedicure!
10. I went to Target and wasn't in a rush!!
11. I went to the mall next and wasn't in a hurry there either.
12. I got my truck washed on the way home and it looks so much better!
13. When I got home, there was a bouquet of flowers on the table from the girls at Six Rivers Property Management.
14. Cindy, my house cleaner, was here today and the house looks and smells so clean!
15. Andy picked up both the kids from school this afternoon.
16. I got several birthday cards in the mail (and no bills!).
17. I didn't do any work today!
18. My parents gave me a gift certificate for a facial from Tiara LaChelle, a yummy smelling candle, and a gift certificate to Shotz Coffee.
19. J.T. and one of the teachers at his preschool (Ms. Carol) made me a cake today.
20. We went to dinner with some friends at Las Cazuelas tonight for dinner.
21. We took the cake with us to dinner and shared with our friends. J.T. was so proud.
22. We put all the kids down at one end of the dinner table so the adults could have a conversation.
23. The kids were really good and (mostly) got along with each other.
24. I received some nice cards and Starbucks gift cards from my friends.
25. I am looking forward to my "girls night out" that Kristina promised me.
26. I received lots of messages with me a Happy Birthday from my friends on Facebook.
27. I have the most awesome husband who will do anything to make me happy on my birthday.
28. I had a fantastic day today!
29. I am looking forward to going to Fort Bragg this weekend with Andy.
30. I am very happy with my life at age 34.
31. My Dad called and left me a message on my cell phone wishing me a very happy birthday.
32. We are going to celebrate with my parents and Andy's parents tomorrow night... the celebration continues.
33. The kids can hardly keep a secret about their gifts to me... we'll see if they can keep it until tomorrow night.
34. I have been blessed with wonderful family and friends.

Now onto the next year....

4 comments:

karen said...

You've had a wonderful day! May God continue to bless you now and always!

Rosjuane said...

Happy Birthday!!

Anonymous said...

wow! I wish I had birthday's like that.

Anonymous said...

In reference to #25: LET'S GO! You name the date and time! :)