Wednesday, February 11, 2009

It's a balancing act

When I was in college, I thought it was tough balancing everything. Now I realize that it really wasn't. However, I can't really imagine trying to go to college now... with a family and a full-time job. I don't see how people do it and not go totally insane. I have such a huge amount of respect and admiration for those that can do that.

Two of my friends, Renae and Joy, each have a full time job and a family, and are going to school right now to get their Masters Degrees. All I can say is WOW, you girls are awesome!! I don't know how you do it.... I really admire your strength!

5 comments:

karen said...

I remember those kind of days back in the 60s. Teaching middle school Physical Education full time & coaching some sports, raising our daughter, putting hubby through college, & taking post-graduate classes at SJS. Not sure if life is less busy now, but it certainly is full of many wonderful blessings; I'm sure not bored! : )

Anonymous said...

Thanks chica! People ask me all the time how I work, go to school and raise kids. I really am not sure I just do and it seems normal to me. I would really like to get a Ph.D. someday but will probably wait until the kids are grown. Anyway, thanks for the admiration I appreciate all the support.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Sarah for the kind words, I have to say this is the hardest thing I have ever done and I never want to do it again! I can't wait to be 100% available to my family again because I know this has been hard on them as well,thanks for your support!

Anonymous said...

School and work really takes away from family time. Joy and I are lucky to have such supportive husbands, kids and friends.

Anonymous said...

I second that!