Thursday, February 26, 2009

Chocolate Melting Cake

I am not sure if I wrote about this in my post about the Girlfriends Cruise. Can't believe I would forget about it, actually! This was the best chocolate dessert EVERRRRR! I haven't been too into chocolate lately so I didn't order this the first night on the boat. I had a little taste of Christina's and WOW! Then I had to have this every night thereafter in the dining room. On the last night, someone at our table asked the waiter for the recipe.... I thought I would share it with you all here.....

CARNIVAL'S CHOCOLATE MELTING CAKE


12 oz. Dark Chocolate
1 1/2 cups butter (3 cubes)
10 eggs (at room temperature)
1 1/4 cups sugar
3/4 cup flour

Melt the chocolate and the butter together. Combine the eggs and sugar and whisk for a few minutes. Add flour. Add the egg mixture to the melted chocolate. Pour the mix into 10 greased ramekin dishes. Bake directly in the oven at 400 degrees for 14 minutes. Dust powdered sugar on top and serve along with vanilla ice cream. Serves 10.

I can't tell you how incredibly awesome this is. As you can see from the ingredients, it is definitely not fat-free or low-calorie. However, it is worth the indulgence every now and then.... Try it out and let me know what you think!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh my! That sounds delicious, and it seems fairly easy to make. I just might have to give this a try!
Glad you had a fabulous time!
Did the kids miss you? I bet they were sooo happy to have you home!

Samantha

Anonymous said...

I remember this from our cruise!! Loved it too!!

karen said...

Looks yummy;thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

ummm. I am totally going to make that.