Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Leading up to 10 years

I was inspired by my friend Shelley's blog post remembering the past ten years that she and her hubby have been together. Andy and I will celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary next month. I thought it might be kind of fun to put on a few photos of our dating years....

We had been together almost a year at this point. Yes, Andy looks really young. Yes, I know I have very BIG hair!


This was taken at my sorority formal in March 1996. Aren't we cute?

On Memorial weekend of our senior year (May 1997) we went to a nearby lake to camp for the weekend. We were with my roommate, Kristen, her boyfriend, and another friend. We had a great time. If I remember correctly, the weather was strange, but it was fun anyway! I know that Andy and I got majorly sunburned. We had rented a ski boat and had fun with this tube.


This is November 22, 1997, which is the day Andy asked me to marry him. We were down in San Luis Obispo (our college town) for my sorority formal and to visit friends. It was really exciting to be able to share the happy news with our good friends!

This was our first home together. We bought it and closed escrow a few weeks before the wedding, but didn't move in until after we were married.... old-fashioned, I know, but that's the way we wanted it.

That's it for the trip down memory lane today.... you will have to wait until next month for some wedding photos...

2 comments:

Shelley said...

I love it! We didn't live together before we got married either, and I remember thinking I CANNOT WAIT to live with him, haha!

karen said...

Thanks for the fun post. It was neat to look at your pictures from years gone by. 'Looking forward to next month's anniversary blog.