Thursday, December 13, 2007

'Tis the season

I haven't been blogging as often as I would like lately. It seems like whenever I have them time, I can't think of anything to write about. And when I can think of things, there just isn't time.

For the most part, I feel like I am almost ready for Christmas. Other than waiting for a couple things to arrive that I ordered, I have all the gift shopping done. I even have most everything wrapped. I did a little baking today and that was kind-of fun. After tomorrow, the kids have one week of school left before vacation.

The promise of Santa coming on Christmas Eve doesn't seem to be inspiring good behavior however. From what I have heard from other parents, though, it seems to be a worldwide problem. My friend Christina told me about a website, http://www.northpole.com/, where the kids can answer a few questions and it will tell them whether they are on Santa's "naughty" or "nice" list. I haven't showed the kids this website yet, but I think I need to. Maybe it will give some inspiration for listening, telling the truth, getting along with your sibling, etc.

We have a lot coming up in the next 10 days: a birthday party for Abigail's friend Hannah, the lighted Tractor Parade, our Christmas celebration with Chet and Karen (Andy's dad and step-mom), Abigail's Christmas program, J.T.'s school's hayride with Santa, Andy's family's progressive dinner.... and this is all before we get to Christmas Eve!

I will hopefully get some pictures posted on here from all these fun activities.... Hope you are all enjoying getting ready for Christmas. Remember to take time to enjoy the activities with your families, and don't forget why we are celebrating this wonderful holiday: the birth of Jesus!

1 comment:

Shelley said...

I love my card!! The paper it's printed on looks soooo good!!