Monday, December 17, 2007

Christmas letters and cards

This time of year there is a lot of debate about whether it's a bad idea to send out a Christmas letter. I have done one for the past few years and I just have to say that I really LOVE getting them in the mail from our family and friends. Maybe I am in the minority, I don't know.

I do know that some families go overboard on bragging about their kids or telling you about things you don't really care about. I really hope that I don't do that in mine. Some people argue that people receiving your letter should already know about what is happening in your lives. Yes and no. There are some people (mainly college friends) that we only communicate with once a year, at Christmas time, and they may not know everything that has happened with our family during the year.

I love to hear about everyone's kids and families. So keep the Christmas letters comin', I say!

3 comments:

Julie said...

I got your card yesterday when I checked the mail. I LOVE your letter and I love hearing what you're all doing, even though we talk a lot. I still love getting it in the mail...

karen said...

I agree with you! We think your cards and letters are great. I've always enjoyed Christmas newsletters and pictures from my family and friends!

Shelley said...

I like YOUR letter, but man, some people are sooooooooo cheesy!!